New York City – what can be more exciting than New York City? There are a few vacation destinations that can come close to the majestic New York.
The Big Apple, as it is called, is a tremendous urban centre with eight million individuals living in it, a centre for style, finance, culture and the great American history. The truth is, there are so many things to see and do in New York that many people feel intimidated. Just the pace of life and the size of everything can be overwhelming for first time visitors. We have complied a list of top things to do in New York City that is a must see.
The most common tourist attractions that everyone expects you to see or do:
1. Go to the highest point of the Empire State Building.
2. See the Statue of Liberty.
3. Stroll around Times Square.
4. Stroll over the Brooklyn Bridge.
5. Visit the World Trade Center.
Don’t forget to take as many pictures as you can. These are after all some of the most visited places on earth and must do if you think of New York.
If you have time, keeping in mind New York can get expensive, why not try these while you are there:
1. Go to Central Park, a centuries old park, renowned from endless motion pictures, novels, songs and poems.
2. The Museum of Natural History (highlighted in the motion picture “Night at the Museum).
3. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, or as New Yorkers call it, “the Met”.
4. The Guggenheim Museum and the Museum of Modern Art or MOMA.
5. A more costly attraction but setting off to a Broadway musical is one of the top things to do in New York City.
6. Make a trip to Prospect Park and venture in a time machine to step back and relax.
7. The parks under the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn offer one of the best views of the city.
8. The Bronx Zoo is popular for its shows and history.
For the foodies looking for tantalizing your taste buds, New York is also a place for taste. It is a center of top restaurants with rich cuisine, delicacies and desserts.
1. The classic New York delis around every corner offers a variety of menus that are hard to miss.
2. Going down to Little Italy is also a must to taste those mouth-watering dishes and desserts.
3. New York is also the place for bagels, there is no place on earth to find better bagels than New York.
4. Little India in Queens offers a delicious Indian cuisine.
The list can keep going and it is only to your taste on what you want to do in New York. Whatever you do, New York will surely mesmerize you and keep coming back for more.